A couple of months ago, I started working on a new game using Unity3d. It’s a little late in the process, but I figure I should start documenting the process of making the game – hopefully I’ll be able to look back on it and see the progress I’ve made on the game.
So here’s what I’ve made so far:
- A working spacepod which can be controlled on a touchscreen
- The start of a couple of levels
- A few enemies with basic AI
- A title/level select screen which is missing a bunch of functionality, Â but I think it looks fairly decent.
- The main game mechanic – which is the ability for the spacepod to tow scrap back to the start of the level
- An equipment selection mechanic
- A few different weapons
- A shield for the spacepod
I’m probably forgetting some stuff, but there will be more posts to come. Here are a few initial screenshots: